Jennifer Robinson Memorial Scholarship Application
If you meet the eligibility requirements, we welcome your application for the Jennifer Robinson Memorial Scholarship.
To be eligible you must be:
- A graduate student;
- Enrolled at a Canadian university; and
- Study Northern biology (northern is defined as locations that lie north of the southern limit of the discontinuous permafrost zone)
The Scholarship Committee looks for:
- Qualities of scholarship that the late Jennifer Robinson brought to her studies at the Institute's Kluane Lake Research Station;
- Evidence of northern relevance; and
- Commitment to field-oriented research
Value of Scholarship: $5,000
Number of Scholarships awarded: 1 annually
Deadline to apply: Must be postmarked January 12, 2018
We prefer that applications are submitted online, with three letters of reference e-mailed directly to AINA.
Your official transcripts can be mailed to the address below.
To be considered, your application must include the following:
- Cover Letter (please include an email address where we can contact you)
- Brief description of the proposed research (2 to 3 pages), including a clear hypothesis, relevance, title and statement of the purpose of the research, the area and type of study, the methodology and plan for evaluation of findings. Any collaborative relationship or work should be briefly identified;
- Three reference letters;
- Complete curriculum vitae;
- Official transcripts; and
- A list of current sources and amounts of research funding, including scholarships, grants and bursaries.
If you are unable to complete the application online, then please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Arctic Institute of North America
Attn: Jennifer Robinson Memorial Scholarship
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive N.W., ES-1040
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4