AINA Grant-in-Aid Application
In 1994 a bi-national committee was established to administer the newly reinstated AINA Grant-in-Aid program. The committee accepts proposals for awards of $1000.00. Awards are aimed at young investigators, especially graduate students, to provide funding to augment their research. Funding can be used for travel, supplies, equipment and services, but not for salary or wages.
To be eligible you must be:
- enrolled in or affiliated with a scientist working at a U.S. or Canadian academic institution
- Projects can entail field, library or office-intensive investigations
The Scholarship Committee looks for:
- relevance to Arctic issues,
- the overall quality and completeness of the proposed science,
- the excitement that the research may generate within the larger arctic community,
- financial need
Value of Scholarship: $1,000
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2021
We prefer that applications are submitted online (see form below).
To be considered, your application must include the following:
Cover Letter (please include an email address where we can contact you)
- Proposal including a title, introduction, objectives, methodology, anticipated results, period of performance and proposed use of the AINA award should be clearly stated. [Proposals should not exceed four pages double-spaced.]
- Total estimated budget for the project should be provided on a separate page and should clearly identify other anticipated and committed sources and amounts of funding.
If you are unable to complete the application online, then please email the application to email@example.com or mail it to:
Arctic Institute of North America
Attn: AINA Grant-in-Aid
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive N.W., ES-1040
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
A report to the committee will be required within one year following the award. Any report or publication resulting from the investigation should include acknowledgment of the AINA Grant-in-Aid Program. One electronic copy of all publications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the ASTIS database and AINA digital Library.
Awardees are expected to become members of the Arctic Institute of North America.