Current Job Opportunities at KLRS
Kitchen Staff – Positions
These position are based at the Arctic Institute of North America’s Kluane Lake Research Station located at Kluane Lake, Yukon. KLRS has direct road access from the Alaska Highway. The positions require residency at KLRS. These positions afford a unique opportunity to work with scientists and students from Yukon, from across Canada, and from overseas in a successful team-oriented environment.
As Principle Cook you will be responsible for food preparation and service for groups ranging on average from 5 to 30 researchers, students, and staff.
- Oversight of food preparation and services;
- Organization of food storage, preparation of nutritious, diverse foods
- Purchasing of meats, fresh produce, dry stores, supplies and equipment required for kitchen/dining operations;
- Supervision and instruction of kitchen staff.
As Assistant Cook, you will be responsible for assisting with food preparation and service for groups ranging on average from 5 to 30 researchers, students, and staff. The Assistant Cook may be required to assume full responsibility of the kitchen and food service area during the absence of the Principle Cook.
- Assisting with co-ordination of all food preparation and food services;
- the ordering of food and supplies;
- Cooking and preparation of meals, food trays, preparation of vegetables, salads (etc.), baking (cookies, pies, cakes, bread, etc.), and laying out materials for bag lunches;
Student – Positions
Station Operation Support
Assist the Station Operations Manager with the daily operations at the Kluane Lake Research Station. Tasks will shift of the depending needs of the station but will include: logistics, remote camp support, budgeting, and minor repair work.,
Kitchen and Camp Support
Responsible for assisting in kitchen with food preparation, cleaning, weekly resupply trips to Whitehorse, Some cleaning of cabins, laundry, sorting, and handling recycling
Tasks could include assisting with field work which could involve: vegetation surveys, live trapping animals, soil work, downloading data loggers, weather station upkeep, communications and collecting water samples, GIS and other IT related tasks.
Education and Outreach Support
Assist the research faculty in developing science curriculum related to the region surrounding the Kluane Lake Research Station, design education and outreach materials, develop an alternative energy plan, perform ongoing research as well as data rescue and analysis on prior research.
To apply or request more information please contact: