The Arctic Institute of North America and Budget Rent a Car are pleased to announce this award for students enrolled at the University of Calgary.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be:
- A student (graduate or undergraduate);
- Enrolled in any Faculty at the University of Calgary; and
- The focus of your education and research is on northern and arctic sustainable development
To apply please submit the following:
- Cover letter (please include an email address where we can contact you)
- Brief description of the proposed research, or relevant educational opportunity,
(2 - 3 pages), including a clear hypothesis, relevance, title and statement of the purpose of the research, the area and type of study, the methodology and plan for evaluation of findings. Any collaborative relationship or work should be briefly identified;
- One reference letter;
- Complete curriculum vitae;
- Official transcripts; and
- A list of current sources and amounts of research funding, including scholarships, grants and bursaries.
Scholarship Committee looks for:
- Applicants who best address academic excellence;
- Demonstrated commitment to northern research; and
- Desire for research results to be beneficial to northerners.
Value of Scholarship:
Number of Scholarships awarded:
- 1 annually
Deadline to apply:
- January 30, 2017
Please send applications or questions to:
By post: Or By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arctic Institute of North America
Attn: Budget Rent a Car Educational Award for
Northern and Arctic Sustainable Development
University of Calgary * All parts of the application,
2500 University Drive N.W., ES-1040 except official transcripts
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4 may be submitted electronically.